Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday, June 22, 2009


"Splash" was painted with a palette knife. She is a silvery dreamy mermaid swimming in the ocean. Mermaids are legendary sea creatures often described as having great beauty and charm. According to folklore, they loved music and would sing to sailors, then lure them to their death. One more important tidbit about mermaids is that they have the power to grant wishes and immortality.
This painting is sold, but I have started another one, inspired by my recent beach retreat. Seems like retirement is busier than teaching school, I am now getting ready for another art show. I have been invited by Grape and Ale to exhibit my work during the month of July. Grape and Ale is a sweet little wine shop in Southport, NC. , in addition, they also have an art gallery in the back of their shop. On Friday, July 3rd, they will host a wine tasting and I will be there to meet and greet. Oh what fun!

No comments: