Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tuesday, April 14, 2009


Santa Claus is a popular symbol at Christmastime, the Easter basket and colorful eggs are signs of Easter. I used to hang those bright plastic Easter eggs on a tree in our front yard when my sons were little. The eggs would bring joyful smiles to their little faces. Now, I think they are hideous in yards, I would not dare decorate with those hideous things now. What we do for our children?
Some people think that particular symbols of Easter, Christmas, Halloween and other holidays are evil. I differ. I know when, why and how to separate the real meaning behind these wonderful Holidays from the secular celebrations, symbols and stories. My family has many childhood memories of Easter egg hunts and I hang on to those memories because my sons are far too old to hunt for Easter eggs now. As I painted "White Feather", I remembered those Easter Sundays long ago when we would hide and hide and hide and hide and hide Easter eggs till I was so tired, but what fun we had!

No comments: