Sunday, April 5, 2009

Monday, April 6, 2009


"New Song" is inspired by Isaiah 42:10. "Sing unto the Lord a new song." Text from scriptures and favorite hymns has been appearing in some of my recent paintings. I am retiring in 39 days, and trust me, I will be singing a new song. I have taught school for 29 years, and it's time for a change. Busy will I be, painting, gardening, antiquing, and spending more time with my family and friends.
I will start "singing" in May with an exhibit of my work at Bladen County Library. Actually it will be a "duet" with my cousin, Betsy. Betsy is a ceramic potter who creates beautiful pottery. I will let you know details of our upcoming show in my future posts.
Oh, I must start "rehearsing"...............got to get back to my "singing easel". Just in case you're confused or worried, I will not be singing at my show. Years ago, my voice was often used as a disciplinary tool with my own two sons. When they started bickering and fighting in the back seat of our van, I would start "singing" to them and they always stopped misbehaving just to get me to stop singing! Oh, those were the days!

No comments: