Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday, May 17, 2010

 My hair stylist asked me to create a painting especially for her home.   A Tuscan scene with reds and golds would work perfectly in her home.  I worked on the landscape for months and every time I had a hair appointment, I would give her an update by showing her pictures on my camera or by bringing the canvas to the Salon. I wanted to make the painting more personal and special, so I asked Ernie did she have anything of special significance that she would like for me to include in the compostion?  She did of course, and brought me a cherished golden pin that once belonged to her mother, I painted it in the bottom right hand corner.
Ernie is a wonderful hair stylist, but she is also a great friend.  I titled the Tuscan scene "Tuscan Romance" because when one thinks of love or romance, you might think of flowers, beautiful scenery, and a little wine perhaps-and a friend or memory to share.
Here's to you Ernie, thanks for being my hair stylist and treasured friend! Love you!

No comments: