Monday, July 13, 2009

Monday, July 13, 2009


If you come to my house, you'll probably see me wearing these most comfortable flip flops. Rainbows are not the regular flip flop, they have an arch support and conform to your feet. Did you know that a man from California named Sparky first made these flip flops in his garage? He would assemble 15 pairs a day, later after moving to San Clemente his company manufactured over 1200 a day, then in 2002 China started manufacturing them.
"Breaking in" is a term that all rainbow wearers know first hand. You can wear them in the water to stretch them out a bit. Each pair of rainbows conforms personally to the wearer, developing kind of like their own fingerprint or "toe-print".
I enjoy wearing rainbow flip flops, after all they are a high-end flip flop...not the foam kind, and I do like to spoil myself when I can. Oh well, the best part of this story is one of my dear former students bought this painting, he is a swell guy. I love him and am honored that he wanted one of his old teacher's paintings. Don't worry, I gave him a good deal! He is quite the artist himself, you will probably see his work at a future art show sometime soon. Then, I can buy one of his paintings! Love you James!

No comments: