Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday, November 10, 2008

Grouper is a popular saltwater fish, so popular in fact, there is a Grouper Festival in Madeira Beach, Florida. I didn't know there were so many kinds of grouper: calico, barrell, spotted, strawberry, yellowfin, black - just to name a few! I was inspired to paint this fish by the "sad" look on this grouper's face. I'm the type of person that usually pulls for the "underdog" in different situations, and this grouper looks to me like he is the "under-dog". After a bit of research, I don't feel sorry for him one bit because he's just waiting for his supper..they eat other fish, octopus, crab, lobster, and other yummy seafood, they "wait" for it to come to them-smart fish! Maybe that's why they grow to be so big! Their powerful tooth plate crushes their tasteful prey! I think of what my parents taught me and the old saying, don't let looks fool you, "looks can be deceiving"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love it!!!