Saturday, April 21, 2012

Wam Squam

So why has it been almost three months since my last post? I've been at my trusty easel working on commissions, hopefully soon I'll be caught up and will post them.  Here's one painting that I finished just last week, and oh it brings so many memories.  The Wam Squam was quite the hot spot for our little White Lake community and for the seasonal tourists.  I feel like it helped bring up my boys, I would stop there many times for breakfast and gas before going to school, we loved their sausage and ham biscuits!
The Wam Squam, which means "white water" was a major White Lake landmark, I can't remember how many times I gavc directions and used "turn right at the Wam Squam". A wonderful place to catch up on the latest gossip and get ice cream and candy.
Oh Wam Squam I miss you, you will always have a place in my heart!

No comments: