Sunday, December 26, 2010

Sunday, December 26, 2010





  Garrett has a sweet and beautiful girlfriend named Hannah.  He came to me a few months ago and brought a photograph and wanted me to paint a special gift for her, a portrait of him!  As you can see Garrett is a fine fireman, rather good looking, if I say so myself. 
I couldn't wait to get my brush in the paint and start painting, especially since I have known Garrett since he was a little boy. Often he would come to our house to play with my two sons.  Garrett has grown up to be a fine fine young man and has a respectable and honorable job with the Fayetteville Fire Dept. Wanting to express his love for his God and mankind, I included the scripture from John 15:13. Take a closer look in the background of the painting,"Greater love has no one than this than to lay down one's life for his friends." is written into the flag.
I am posting a few progress pics just to show you how I start my paintings, first I paint a tonal color, then sketch out the subject.  One of the first elements I paint are the eyes. Garrett stopped by to check the progress, just to make sure I was on the right track.  Sure hope Hannah liked his portrait. Merry Christmas Hannah!

No comments: