Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

 A few weeks ago, a sweetie pie, Lauren, Facebooked me and asked me to paint a portrait of their Chinese Pug, Bebe. This was to be a special portrait for her mom's birthday because Bebe died during the winter, and she told me that her mom was having a difficult time with her loss. Now, if that doesn't put the pressure on an artist, what does?  Later, Lauren's daddy called to confirm the painting and the details.  I was on a mission!  As a dog lover, and one that has experienced the death of a special pet named Becky, I was charged and motivated to do my best.  Sharon, the birthday girl, surely deserved my best!  Really, I haven't painted too many dogs, but I have found that I enjoy painting dogs immensely.  Upon completion, Sharon's son, Crae came to pick the portrait up and I was so delighted to see him. 
My how he has grown, and so handsome!  I remember teaching him art in high school, he is so witty, clever and talented too, Crae always added spice and humor to my class.
I am thankful to this family and I am touched, because I know how difficult it is to give someone special a gift that they will enjoy and will treasure.  Sharon is a lucky 29 year old (you look great girl!) , her children and husband thought about giving her such a special and unique gift, I am honored.  Happy Birthday to Sharon!

No comments: