Monday, September 28, 2009

Monday, September 28, 2009



This painting is a small tribute to friendship.  One of my very dear friends gave me a birthday card with the words "a good friend is one who brings out the best in me". Just recently we celebrated my friend's 65th birthday, we started with tea and ended with belly dancing. Another dear friend just recently went through surgery, malignant tumors were removed from her neck, she is waiting to hear from the results. I am so blessed to have so many good friends.  I celebrate their friendship with this little painting of two friendly fish swimming around together. 
By the way, this is one of the small inspirational paintings that will be in the upcoming "Leapin Lizards" show.  The show will be at the First Presbyterian Church, 1002 N. Chestnut Street in Lumberton, NC.  This annual arts and crafts show will be held Friday, October 16th, from 5-7 pm and Saturday, October 17th from 9am-2 pm. All work in the show is designed and handcrafted by the exhibitors-no manufactured or imported items!  What a wonderful weekend to start your Christmas shopping!

No comments: