Monday, August 3, 2009

Monday, August 3, 2009


"Pollyanna" is a beautiful friendly happy mermaid. I named her after the orphan in the novel "Pollyanna" written by Eleanor Porter. Pollyanna played the "glad game" in which she would find something to be glad about in any situation. She learned this optimistic attitude from her father. The story unfolds when Pollyanna goes to live with her very very stern aunt in Vermont. When she was there, her aunt made her stay in a stuffy attic room with no pictures or carpet, but Pollyanna surprised her aunt with her remarkable and unusual optimistic attitude.
Now, I wonder how "glad" I would be if I found myself sleeping on a bed of fish like my mermaid "Pollyanna"?
Next weekend, my nieces and grand nieces and nephew will be staying with me for a few days. Beware of "Crazy Aunt Kathy" my dears!

1 comment:

blá Filmes said...

Nice blog!

I enjoy reading your blog and appreciate the information you share.

We are a production arts which observe and record the daily.

www.youtube.com/blafilmes