Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, October 27, 2008























Our North Carolina state bird, the Cardinal is known as the Winter Redbird because it is most noticeable during the winter when it is the only redbird "present". It is one of the most common birds in our gardens, meadows and woodlands.
My sweet Aunt Nell and my dear mother, Hazel loved redbirds so much. I do not look at a cardinal without thinking of the sister pair. They shopped together many times and I witnessed their flair for red fashions. Alas! I do believe I have turned into my mother, I have inherited her love of red and for cardinal birds! Surely as I painted these cardinals together, I know that my sweet dear aunt and mother are in heaven together. I painted these cardinals in their memory, and I'll love them forever!
This painting will be auctioned at our Wesley's Chapel Bazaar in Elizabethtown on November 1, 2008 to raise money for missions. If you would like to bid by phone, email me. Thank you and may God bless you.

No comments: